Today in maths we learnt that the inverse of addition is subtraction. Inverse means opposite.
So if 19 + 7 = 26 the inverse could be 26 – 19 = 7
Today in Geography we were looking at how to draw a map and use symbols to show the different features of the area we were looking at. We worked in small groups to create a map of Thetford Forest using the key we made earlier in the week.
We all now know how to make and read a key to help us understand a map.
Here are some photos of us drawing in the trees on our map.
And here are our finished maps!
Next week we are going to be set an independent learning challenge to make our own map of Thetford Forest with a key! Check back next week to see how we do!
Welcome to HPS Blogs.
You will want to change the look of the blog to create something that more suits your class.
Remember the blogging guidelines:
Only use your first name when commenting or posting to a blog.
- NEVER write any personal details on a blog (surname, date of birth, email address, phone number, address must be kept private)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Bob’s Mum” or “Tanya’s father”.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from your class teacher.
- All posts and comments will be checked by your class teacher before they are published to the blog.
- Always show respect towards other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment. Why not say two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. Your posts and comments need to be the same standard as your books and work would be at school. If you use text talk your post/blog will not be authorised!
- Make sure you double check your comments carefully for spelling mistakes and ensure that your work makes sense before submitting.
- Remember to tag every post with your log on name and other tags to identify your post e.g 09harrys, DL Team, Technology
- Everyone at Huntingdon Primary School will stick to these guidelines.