Last term my favourite topic was the Vikings because we made a Viking Longship. In this topic I remembered two facts, one of these facts are that the Vikings sailed the seas in various longships. My other fact is that the Viking longships had dragon heads on the front of the longship to scare enemies. Last term I was proud of my Longship I made because I was taking my time and I got help. I settled into year 4 because I got on with my peers and my teacher helped me a lot.
My assertive mentoring target was to be ready to learn on the carpet. I think I achieved my goal but sometimes am still not ready because I forget to bring my stuff and I talk a lot. Interestingly, I can evaluate my behaviour and readiness for learning by not talking to my friends and bringing my toolkit. My relationship with my teachers are going great but with my peers they talk to me so it’s not going to well at the moment. My target for Spring will be to talk less to my friends.
My favourite topic two terms ago was ‘What a Performance’ because you got to look at the National Theatre and what it’s like there. Interestingly, every year over eight hundred thousand people visit the National Theatre . Before the actors go on stage they rehearse in a rehearsing room. In year four my favourite piece of work is when we had to draw something in the National Theatre and write about it. I think I settled nicely to year four because I got to know my teacher better and all my new class mates.
In year four my target was to improve my behaviour outside of lessons because I wasn’t doing well with one of my classmates. I think I have achieved my target by staying away from her and staying with the people I get on well with. Surprisingly I think my behaviour is on the standard place now because I’m not doing as much wrong things as I used to. Actually come to think of it I think my learning is really good because I listen in lessons. My relationship with my teacher and my peers has developed a lot since last term.
The target that I’m setting for myself is to do more homework in spring because I don’t do that much anymore.
I practice mathletics because it helps me to sharpen my brain and it helps me get more and more intelligent. I like to go on live mathletics because you could play against other people and you can play against People who are in your class. When you play live mathletics your typing skills gets faster and your reaction gets bigger. Mathletics makes me understand my addition , subtraction , division , multiplication in various ways.
Nibbles is all around his cage, we can’t stand his cuteness when we stare into his cute red eyes.
Today at Burwell house me and my friends creating a 3D campfire with real seats. I made it out of logs sticks and pine cones.
A lovely first day at the beautiful Burwell house. The children have enjoyed a variety of activities, including some team building games and creating some beautiful art work.
Welcome to HPS Blogs.
You will want to change the look of the blog to create something that more suits your class.
Remember the blogging guidelines:
Only use your first name when commenting or posting to a blog.
- NEVER write any personal details on a blog (surname, date of birth, email address, phone number, address must be kept private)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Bob’s Mum” or “Tanya’s father”.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from your class teacher.
- All posts and comments will be checked by your class teacher before they are published to the blog.
- Always show respect towards other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment. Why not say two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. Your posts and comments need to be the same standard as your books and work would be at school. If you use text talk your post/blog will not be authorised!
- Make sure you double check your comments carefully for spelling mistakes and ensure that your work makes sense before submitting.
- Remember to tag every post with your log on name and other tags to identify your post e.g 09harrys, DL Team, Technology
- Everyone at Huntingdon Primary School will stick to these guidelines.