Year 2 have had a wonderful start to the Autumn term, we have enjoyed learning about Jane Goodall through our topic of ‘Discovery and Invention,’ and we have done lots of good learning. Next term we are excited to learn about some more inventors like the Wright Brothers and will be getting ready for Christmas with a super show!
From your teachers
We have had a super week in Year 2. We have enjoyed writing about Baby Bear’s adventures in the book ‘Whatever Next,’ have practised solving number sentences in lots of super snappy ways like noticing number bonds and doubles, and have explored what makes something living in Science.
Today we had a super maths challenge- we had to solve the puzzle with pieces of 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 numicon so that both lines equalled the same amount when added together.
We can’t wait to do more great learning with you next week!
Mrs Walton, Mrs Town and Miss Martin.
Welcome to HPS Blogs.
You will want to change the look of the blog to create something that more suits your class.
Remember the blogging guidelines:
Only use your first name when commenting or posting to a blog.
- NEVER write any personal details on a blog (surname, date of birth, email address, phone number, address must be kept private)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Bob’s Mum” or “Tanya’s father”.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from your class teacher.
- All posts and comments will be checked by your class teacher before they are published to the blog.
- Always show respect towards other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment. Why not say two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. Your posts and comments need to be the same standard as your books and work would be at school. If you use text talk your post/blog will not be authorised!
- Make sure you double check your comments carefully for spelling mistakes and ensure that your work makes sense before submitting.
- Remember to tag every post with your log on name and other tags to identify your post e.g 09harrys, DL Team, Technology
- Everyone at Huntingdon Primary School will stick to these guidelines.