Our new topic is Knights and Castles. It is a really exciting topic and we have already learnt so much in our first week.
This week we have been reading the story Zog by Julia Donaldson. We thought it was a really exciting story. On Friday we wrote a newspaper report explaining the fight between Sir Gadabout and Zog. We are really proud of our work because we have improved our handwriting and made it really detailed.
In art we have been splatter painting for our castle collage. We got a little bit of paint on Mrs Stilton but she didn’t mind.
In maths we have been subtracting and using addition. To help us do this we have been using the partitioning method. This was a really useful method because it helped us find out the answer.
In DT we have been trying very hard to build catapults with Mrs Spink. Next week we will try to make them actually work and not collapse!
We have been having a really fabulous week, and “we love being in this school” said OU.
From Class 5 and 6
Welcome to HPS Blogs.
You will want to change the look of the blog to create something that more suits your class.
Remember the blogging guidelines:
Only use your first name when commenting or posting to a blog.
- NEVER write any personal details on a blog (surname, date of birth, email address, phone number, address must be kept private)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Bob’s Mum” or “Tanya’s father”.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from your class teacher.
- All posts and comments will be checked by your class teacher before they are published to the blog.
- Always show respect towards other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment. Why not say two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. Your posts and comments need to be the same standard as your books and work would be at school. If you use text talk your post/blog will not be authorised!
- Make sure you double check your comments carefully for spelling mistakes and ensure that your work makes sense before submitting.
- Remember to tag every post with your log on name and other tags to identify your post e.g 09harrys, DL Team, Technology
- Everyone at Huntingdon Primary School will stick to these guidelines.