10 of our ideas to having a great time in Year 1!
- Having a great phonics session with our robot arms and our phoneme fingers.
- We love story time. We have just been reading Whatever Next!
- Golden time on a Friday is always fun! We get to do fun things like yoga and colouring.
- We make sure we are always listening so we can learn.
- We have our very own toolkits. They include lots of stationary which we take care of.
- We love our maths. We get to count lots.
- There is lots of technology in our classrooms. We have iPads and laptops we are able to use everyday.
- Every Friday there is star of the week. If you are showing any of the five school values you might be able to win.
- It is so important to us that we all make good friends in Year 1. We love to play with our friends.
- One of our most favourite items in year 1 is Benny the bear. He is very special as he gets to go home with a lucky person from Year 1 every week.
Welcome to HPS Blogs.
You will want to change the look of the blog to create something that more suits your class.
Remember the blogging guidelines:
Only use your first name when commenting or posting to a blog.
- NEVER write any personal details on a blog (surname, date of birth, email address, phone number, address must be kept private)
- Parents who leave comments are asked to use their first name only so as not to identify their child. Or post comments as “Bob’s Mum” or “Tanya’s father”.
- Do not post photos from or links to other websites without permission from your class teacher.
- All posts and comments will be checked by your class teacher before they are published to the blog.
- Always show respect towards other people’s work – be positive if you are going comment. Why not say two things you really like about their work and one thing that you wish they would do next time to make it even better.
- No text talk. Please write in full sentences and use proper punctuation. Your posts and comments need to be the same standard as your books and work would be at school. If you use text talk your post/blog will not be authorised!
- Make sure you double check your comments carefully for spelling mistakes and ensure that your work makes sense before submitting.
- Remember to tag every post with your log on name and other tags to identify your post e.g 09harrys, DL Team, Technology
- Everyone at Huntingdon Primary School will stick to these guidelines.